Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Painter is responsible for mixing, matching and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touchups, and repairing sheet rock. Works with attention to detail while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
This position is part-time.
Covers surfaces and furnishings with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
• Calculates amounts of required materials.
• Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or
• Moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
• Removes fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to
• Mixes, matches, and applies paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
• Prepares walls and other surfaces. Sandpapers, primes, fills or seals surfaces prior to
• Cleans walls to ensure proper adherence of material.
• Applies paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
• Applies several coats according to paint directions.
High school diploma, GED or ability to pass Tabe skills test required.
• Prior residential or commercial painting experience strongly desired.
• Knowledge of commercial and construction painting, taping and sheet rocking techniques
• Ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to follow instructions.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding or ladders.
• Current, valid and clean driver’s license required.