The Vehicle/Garage Maintenance Technician is responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of all PACE CNY vehicles, as well as the garage area where the vehicles are stored. Ensures the vehicles are cleaned (both exterior and interior) according to PACE guidelines, completes daily vehicle pre-trips inspections including checking and filling all fluids. Fills out and signs the daily vehicle check sheet noting any issues found, keeps the vehicle storage area clean, removesany waste, and assists with driver electronic device issuance and retrieval when necessary.
• Ensures vehicle exteriors are kept clean by washing them according to departmental
• Sweeps and mops the floors of those vehicles that transport participants
• Cleans vehicle glass, consoles and dashboards according to schedule
• Performs daily checks of vehicle fluids and addresses any issues found.
• Checks tire pressures daily and addresses as needed.
• Performs checks on the vehicles’ basic systems and completes the required documentation.
• Visually inspects vehicles for damage
• Sweeps and mops the garage floor
• Takes garage waste to the dumpster
• Uses all tools and equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
• Promotes a safe work environment by adhering to safety policies and procedures
• Collaborates with the lead driver and managers to assist with the distribution and retrieval of
the drivers’ electronic devices, keys, and paperwork when needed.
• Answers phone when necessary
• High School Diploma, GED, or TABE
• General automotive knowledge
• Automotive service knowledge
• Valid NYS Driver’s License required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, evenings, and early
• Ability to operate hand tools, automotive shop equipment and hydraulic lifts